A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's Xoie's Birthday

I met this little girl when she was just three years old. Her Mommy and my son John were dating. I didn't know it was serious until Halloween. We met Karen's two little girls, when they were brought out to our house on Halloween...to trick or treat. This little one sat there in her costume, I forget maybe a cheer leader, with big eyes. She had her treat bag and wanted to get going. After that first meeting the big kids got married and a few years later, my son adopted the two girls. I can hardly remember when she wasn't ours. She had a personality that wouldn't quit. A smile that could win you over. She was always full of mischief and fun. A favorite thing to do at our house was to get the bag of dress up clothes, go down to the family room, and have Grandpa dress her up in a funny outfit. Then she would come up the stairs with her sister and give us a show. Then back downstairs for another outfit. It made her sad, when she was a teenager and found that I had tossed out the bag of clothes. The above picture is a few years old...I found it and it reminded me of this past Saturday, when we met at the Red Robin for her early birthday lunch. (I posted this picture because I left my camera at home.) I asked the waitress to come and sing Happy Birthday to her. We all joined in and clapped and had a good time. She's twenty two years old...and my how the time has gone by. I can hardly imagine that she's that age. She's on a quest to find out what she wants to do with her life. What ever it is...I know that she will be successful, because of her loving heart. So, Happy Birthday to you, dear Xoie...
Grandma loves you.







3 comments:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! I can see that the two of you have created some special memories. Time does fly by more quickly each year, doesn't it? My oldest granddaughter turns 16 in a month and soon won't be needing Grandma to drive her places:(

Margie's Musings said...

How wonderful! My grandchildren are 32 (2), 28, 26, 25 and 21.

Barbara said...

So lovely.