A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Scent of Pine

When I opened the door to the garage this morning a fragrance filled the air. It was the smell of fresh pine. Nothing else compares to this scent. You immediately think of Christmas, be it a pine scented candle, a fresh tree, or a wreath to hang on the door. It is one of my favorite scents along with cinnamon and oranges. Today I am making the wreaths for our Church. We like to use fresh greens in our decorating. We don't use fresh trees on the Altar, however. I believe it has to do with fire codes. We leave the greens up for such a long time, and it is really a mess when we take them down, but we all pitch in a help the cleaning crew, so it's not such a big job for them.It's worth all the cleanup to have our Church beautiful for celebrating Christ's birth.
I don't think that you can beat an evergreen wreath with red trims for Christmas color. Last year we used all white poinsettias and though it was pretty...it didn't look as Christmasy as when we used red ones.

I have a stack of trimmings to use to make these wreaths pretty. Berries, balls, pinecones, red ribbon, glitter and sparkle. They will hang on the doors to greet people as they visit our Church and also a welcome to our members who worship there. I had better get busy...
Balisha

2 comments:

Lona said...

Hi Balisha. I think that is what I missed the most when we switched our Christmas tree to the safer artificial ones.I loved the fragrance of the pine trees and it always reminds me of Christmas as a child.Have fun decorating your wreaths.

Balisha said...

We've tried everything to get that scent into the house. I have found that a pine scented candle is about the closest you can get. Balisha