A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Surprise at Mass


We had something cool happen this morning at Mass. The Knights of Columbus presented our Priest with a flag. It flew over the capitol in honor of Father Nnaso's becoming an American citizen... and was a gift to him. He was so surprised...It's fun to really surprise someone and you could tell...he was speechless. A rousing applause and standing ovation honored him on this special day. The Altar was decorated with red and white flowers. A bouquet of American flags...honoring the five young people from our Church, who are serving in the military, was in front of the Altar. Little kids were dressed in their patriotic finery. The Mass ended with our singing America the Beautiful. We went out to breakfast at a little eating place in town. The restaurant was decorated with patriotic things and the waitresses all were dressed in red, white, and blue. A nice start for the 4th of July.
Balisha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise for him. I love your header. Did you make the cake? I have been busier than a 4 armed paper hanger! Kids and family have all been home for the
4th and I have Tater again today.
I wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you and Joe tomorrow and praying that everything goes well for him. I hope you had a great 4th. Sounds like you did. Take care. Love and hugs.

Tolentreasures said...

What a neat thing to do and a great start to your day! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cathy

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

That is just plain one of the neatest things I have heard! Being a Catholic, I know how you must have felt watching it unfold! Such a great thing to happen on the 4th of July. Everything our flag stands for!