A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring the Season of Rebirth


Spring...the long anticipated season of rebirth is here. Springtime is a glorious time of new beginnings. The grass is turning green. Plants that have been asleep in the earth are waking up and pushing with all their might to break ground. The flowers are starting to bloom, tree branches are budding, but more important springtime is planting time. Our Lord explained just as a seed must be buried in the ground to produce a harvest, so He would have to die so He could bring new life to many. Because Jesus died on the cross we can have new life. This new life is real life. It means having the giver of all life living inside you so you can do and be what God put you here to accomplish. We are like the new plants full of wonder and fresh growth. Have you ever thought what a miracle life is? How a single maple seed dropped to the ground and settled in to just the right spot, can grow into a majestic tree? We are like that seed....with nurturing we can grow...the miracle of life. Not only does nature illustrate the resurrection message, nature was affected by the resurrection. The lifeless body of Jesus lay in the tomb for three days. The tomb was in a garden. I'm sure the wild flowers were peeking their heads out of their blooms on that warm morning. There were olive trees there...maybe wild mustard, poppies, simple daisies and I've read...even geraniums. The ground began to shake with a violent earthquake. The rocks began to roll back and forth, even the huge rock that had been rolled in front of the garden tomb opening. The stone was rolled away not so Jesus could get out. He didn't need that stone rolled away. The stone was rolled away so witnesses could see Jesus was gone. Nature was shaken by this glorious event, but so was the world. It's Spring...the Easter season is here. The natural world is once again waking up...
Balisha
Tomorrow will find us celebrating Joe's birthday. I think that a birthday is special and should be celebrated. I made a Boston Cream Pie (he said..."Balisha only one candle to represent my 74 yrs. we don't want to set the house on fire,"and then I'm taking him to the Machine Shed for his birthday dinner this year. He loves that restaurant. Casual, good food, and a free apple dumpling for birthday celebrants. He's nearing the halfway mark of his 7th decade. I'm so happy to be sharing my life with him...the 2nd time around. Balisha

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Balisha, I love the poem about daffodils. They are just the first thing I think of when I think of spring. I am so glad it is finally here and everything is starting to bloom. I can tell when spring finally arrives because I start the seasonal allergies. That's o.k. I am not complaining. I have to get busy planting!

Sue said...

Birthday wishes to your Joe, Balisha. OMG- spring just got here and you already have the countdown to when it ends. You are too funny! hugs, Sue

Balisha said...

Hey Sue...I thought the same thing when I saw the countdown...It is automatic...I removed it..I want to enjoy Spring.

Balisha said...

Hi Judy...I think anything yellow reminds us of spring. Do you have a lot of pollen from trees? I have a friend in Georgia, who said that her car was covered with pollen in the Spring.

Lynn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!! Hope it is a great one!!! Remember always eat your desert first!!!LOL

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to come back and wish your Joe a Happy Birthday and many more. I am glad you removed the countdown, too! Hope you both enjoy the day and celebrate being together, too.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Happy Birthday Joe!

I love the pot roast and cole slaw at Machine Shed:)
Marnie

Joey said...

Thank you to all of you that wished mea Happy Birthday. Balisha treated me to dinner at my favorite eatery this afternoon, The Machine Shed. I had my favoirte slow cooked beef and pork pot roast with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. mm-good.

Joe