A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Garden is a Four Act Play

Lights, camera, action....Have you ever thought of your garden as a four act play? In the spring the wonderful bulb plants take the stage. Wonderful, fresh from the earth, first flowers of the year. Crocus and snowdrops are first in my yard. Everything is so perfect at this time of year. It is cool and the mornings dew filled. Fresh is the word. We can't wait to see what will come up next. This is my favorite time of the year in the garden. Take a bow....Spring flowers, I wonder what is waiting in the wings? Out on the stage comes the old fashioned reliables. Petunias are in so many gardens. They just meander around and fill in so easily. New varieties are fun to try. The newer ones don't require deadheading. I'm very comfortable with these old reliables. Garden centers are so colorful with all the annuals you'll ever want. My garden looks like a rainbow of color. Lots of lilies in my yard too. Take a bow....summer annuals. Who's waiting in the wings, I wonder?

Out on the stage steps a tall, strong, wonderful flower. The beautiful sunflower. Sometimes this wonderful flower starts under the birdfeeder. Little birds scatter the seeds and if you let them lie...they will develop into this beauty. The little finches will be so happy with you...they love to sit on the nodding heads and have their fill of seeds. There are lots of wonderful flowers late in the summer. Phlox, lilies, Russian sage and I could go on and on. The geraniums really come into their own now...so rich and full of flowers. This is a time of peace in the garden. Sometimes all we hear are the chirps of insects. We are all looking toward the last act of the play. It can be such an abundant time...everything is so full and lovely. The last act is about to begin....I wonder who will take the stage in my garden?

Out on the garden stage steps this wonder in my yard. She is the biggest and best, as far as I'm concerned. My beautiful aster. She has a place of honor...in the center of the stage. She looks to the back of the theater and nods to all onlookers. She really deserves a round of applause. She has started as a sprout and developed, all summer, into a grand lady of the theater. She puts on such a show... out doing the mums by far. The play is coming to an end now. The cast has put on their show and I have enjoyed it once more. The play is over.....take a bow all of you deserving players. Next year there will be some new players, but you will still be the stars.


Our garden year is really just beginning right now....Enjoy the show. Rain, storms, wind, hail...the show must go on.
Balisha

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Things are looking beautiful there. I just came in from the garden, the sky is black and the thunder is loud and the dog is on my heels.LOL So I may as well go in and get something done inside...
Have a great day!!!

OhioMom said...

Actually the garden does play like acts on the stage, I think I like the early bloomers (crocus, daffs) because they are a harbinger of coming events. I LOVE that Aster!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shots today Balisha. What a interesting way to describe the changing of the seasons. :)

coolwaterworks said...

Beautiful stage characters you have here Balisha...

Gardening is really very fulfilling... :D

Balisha said...

Hi everybody....just me setting the stage for the rest of the growing season. Thanks for your critiques. :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Good afternoon, Balisha. I grinned when I read your comment this morning...HOW I would love to meet you!
Your photo's of your flowers give me hope that one day I will have things growning that look like that and you are invited to all our parties!
We do have a lot of them, I admit!

Can you take some distance photo's of your home and garden so I can see the entire scope? I am just so curious...

Are you still sculpting and painting?
Hugs..:) and of course lots of love...
Mona